Among the amazing results achieved by the campaign:
- More people watched its response videos in the first 24 hours than watched Obama's victory speech
- 40 million video views in one week
- 1.4 billion total impressions
- Massive "free media" coverage including network news outlets, Oprah and Ellen
- Significant boost in sales of the Old Spice Bodywash product, and Old Spice #1 in male bodywash market
Here's the ad that launched it all: "Old Spice: The Man Your Man Could Smell Like." (2010)
Here's a nice case study deconstructing why the campaign was so successful:
And here is W + K's own "case study" story of the making of the Old Spice campaign, and why it was so successful.
@Mashable compiled its own "Top 10" list of the best 'response videos' churned out by Mustafa and the W + K creative team over that long but memorable weekend.
Mashable's Top 10 Old Spice Response Videos
Here's just one example of the "response videos" - made in response to a tweet by celeb / Twitter pro Alyssa Milano:
And Milano creates her own YouTube response video: